June 2021 Volunteer Registration Statistics
The latest Join Dementia Research (JDR) volunteer registration data is now available.
JDR registrations are improving after the difficulties of the last 12 months. In June 2021:
- A total of 342 people registered on JDR, of those 30 had a confirmed dementia diagnosis (Compared to 172 in June 2020)
- Overall the statistics continue to show that there are been some natural recovery to volunteer registrations following the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. Of this months registrations, 14 people with a dementia diagnosis originated in NHS services.
- NHS Bristol, North Somerset & South Gloucestershire CCG area has the largest number of volunteers with 2157, the neighbouring region North Devon CCG is next with 1406
- NHS Vale of York CCG and NHS Fylde & Wyre CCG jointly hold the record for having the largest number of volunteers with dementia, which each having 137
- In June 2021 the NHS Telford & Wrekin CCG region recorded the largest number of new volunteers with a total of 14 new joiners, but non of those new joiners had a dementia diagnosis. NHS Fylde & Wyre CCG region (supported by work in Lancashire Care NHS Trust) recorded the largest new joiners of people living with dementia, with 6.
You can access the complete dataset using the following link: http://nhs.joindementiaresearch.nihr.ac.uk/data-and-statistics/