This section is for healthcare professionals to support delivery of Join Dementia Research.
Support your patients, their carers and the public in signing up to Join Dementia Research.
The goal is to make it possible for anyone and everyone who wants to be involved in dementia research to get the chance to, which will help to improve our understanding of dementia, as well as shape services and treatments available to patients in the NHS.
What can you do?
1. Engage your staff
Support Join Dementia Research being implemented into NHS care pathways, by helping spread the word in your Trust. This might include looking to include a section in your staff newsletter all about the service or get in touch to arrange someone from the team to come and give a talk.
2. Engage your patients
Talk to patients about the opportunity to take part in research, and direct them to Join Dementia Research. People have a range of motivations for being involved, including:
• the opportunity to access new treatments
• helping future generations
• the chance to ‘fight back’ against their disease
• increased social inclusion, and feeling part of something valuable
3. Use free materials to support communication and promotion of Join Dementia Research
- February Volunteer Statistics Published March 1, 2018
- Student Ambassadors for Join Dementia Research February 27, 2018
- We’re recruiting, help us deliver for Join Dementia Research February 8, 2018
- New volunteer registration data published January 25, 2018
- Piloting Dementia Research kiosks in healthcare settings January 15, 2018
- Dementia Reporters – asking questions from the community January 9, 2018
We also have a variety of case studies as a great resource for healthcare professionals to support implementation of Join Dementia Research into NHS care pathways. They showcase work from across the health and social care environments, sharing stories, ideas, tips and tools to support delivery – putting research with care.
Please note these are real examples, and will need to be adapted to your organisation.
In Resources, you can also find out how to get a Join Dementia Research professionals’ account, view regional data and statistics and find out about our free materials.
The toolkit has been divided into four sections: