FAQs for Healthcare Professionals
Simply click on a question below to reveal the answer.
If you are a researcher, please visit our researchers’ page for more FAQs.
- Join Dementia Research is an easy way for people to find out about research studies that could take part in, which match their information and interests. Being able to provide an opportunity to take part in research can be part of the support after diagnosis.
– provides increased accessibility and equal access to research opportunities across the nation
– empowers patients to take control and explore opportunities themselves
– improves patient understanding and awareness of research
- All research studies on the Join Dementia Research are ethically approved.
- The service has been fully endorsed by the Health Research Authority.
- The service is held in a safe and secure web-based system managed by the National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) Information Standards.
- The service will be available to potential volunteers in the NHS, as a normal aspect of any dementia care pathway or service which cares for older people with dementia, in compliance with the Royal College of Psychiatrists’ Memory Services National Accreditation Programme (MSNAP) research standards.
- Improved recruitment into studies, therefore improved research delivery to inform healthcare
- People have a range of motivations for being involved, including:
– the opportunity to access new treatments
– helping future generations
– the chance to ‘fight back’ against their disease
– increased social inclusion, and feeling part of something valuable
Join Dementia Research has also developed a range of printed materials, including leaflets and posters, which support communication and promotion of the service. These can be viewed and downloaded by visiting our Materials and Presentations page
There are over 50 studies on the service. Studies are available across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.