April 2021 Volunteer Registration Statistics
The latest Join Dementia Research (JDR) volunteer registration data is now available.
JDR registrations continue to be severely affected by the pandemic and changes to memory services. In April 2021:
- A total of 276 people registered with JDR, of those 42 had a confirmed dementia diagnosis (27 Alzheimer’s, 2 Vascular, 5 MCI, 4 Mixed, 3 FTD, 1 Other)
- In the same month in 2020 18 people living with dementia and 159 without registered, and in 2019 it was 54 people living with dementia and 653 people without.
- Overall the statistics show that there are been some natural recovery to volunteer registrations following the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, while these have not yet returned to the higher numbers from 2019 it suggests that recovery is possible and the signs are positive.
- The majority of registrations of people living with dementia are identify Hospital Memory Clinics and Charities as providing information on the service.
- NHS organisations in the North East and Yorkshire including NHS Leeds CCG were the primary refer of people living with dementia.
You can access the complete dataset using the following link: http://nhs.joindementiaresearch.nihr.ac.uk/data-and-statistics/