January statistics published
The latest Join Dementia Research (JDR) volunteer registration data is now available.
JDR registrations continue to be severely affected by the pandemic and changes to memory services. In January 2020:
- A total of 31 people living with dementia registered on JDR, compared to 77 in December 2019.
- 24 CCG / Health Board areas registered 1 or more people living with dementia.
- No single region showed exceptional registration numbers in this period.
- Of the 31 people living with dementia registering in January, 8 came from Memory Clinic referrals, 9 from Alzheimer’s Society, the rest were from a variety of sources.
- Of the 120 people without dementia, 22 came from an Alzheimer’s Society referral, 11 from Alzheimer’s Research UK, 36 from internet searching, the rest are from a variety of sources.
Following the removal of deceased volunteers, the total number of volunteers registered on JDR is 47,734. This consists of 5,598 people with a dementia diagnosis, which is 2% of total number of people with a diagnosis.
You can access the complete dataset using the following link: http://nhs.joindementiaresearch.nihr.ac.uk/data-and-statistics/