December statistics published
The latest Join Dementia Research (JDR) volunteer registration data is now available.
JDR registrations continues to be severely affected by the pandemic and changes to memory services. In December 2020:
- A total of 26 people living with dementia registered on JDR, compared to 74 in December 2019.
- The number of people living without dementia was slightly higher with 115 people registering, compared to 264 in December 2019.
- 23 CCG / Health Board areas registered 1 or more people living with dementia, the remaining 197 did not register any, of those 110 did not register anyone with or without.
- No single region showed exceptional registration numbers in this period.
- Of the 26 people living with dementia registering in December, 6 came from Memory Clinic referrals, 9 from Alzheimer’s Society, the rest were from a variety of sources.
- Of the 141 people without dementia, 22 came from an Alzheimer’s Society referral, 8 from Alzheimer’s Research UK, 36 from internet searching, the rest are from a variety of sources.
Following the removal of deceased volunteers, the total number of volunteers registered on JDR is 47,629. This consists of 5,583 people with a dementia diagnosis, which is 2% of total number of people with a diagnosis.
You can access the complete dataset using the following link: http://nhs.joindementiaresearch.nihr.ac.uk/data-and-statistics/