September Statistics Published
The latest Join Dementia Research volunteer registration data are now available.
September 2019 highlights:
- Total number of volunteers to the end of September is 44,189 (5,513 with a dementia diagnosis, which is 1% of total number of people with a diagnosis – objective is 25% by December 2020)
- NHS Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire CCG remain as the CCG with the most people with dementia registered on JDR (123 volunteers), closely followed by NHS Fylde and Wyre CCG (122 volunteers). NHS Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucester CCG also has the mos volunteers overall with 2093 (which is over 1,000 more than 2nd place NHS Northern, Eastern & Western Devon CCG).
- NHS Fylde and Wyre CCG also remain as the top CCG for % population with dementia registered on dementia, with 5.17% of its population with dementia registered on JDR
- South West Peninsula is the top NIHR region by % with 2.18% of its population with dementia registered on JDR
- In September NHS Buckinghamshire CCG and NHS East Riding of Yorkshire CCG registered the most people with dementia (7 each) and NHS Wiltshire CCG registered the most volunteers overall (17) closely followed by NHS Oxfordshire CCG (15) and NHS Lothian (15).
- In September 149 CCG / Health Board regions registered at least one new volunteer and 74 did not.
- Referrals from memory clinics continue to generate the largest number of registrations of people living with dementia
- GPs surgeries were a good source of both registrants with dementia and those without
You can access the complete dataset using the following link: http://nhs.joindementiaresearch.nihr.ac.uk/data-and-statistics/