May Volunteer Statistics Published
The latest Join Dementia Research volunteer registration data are now available.
May 2019 highlights:
- May continued the spike seen last month with 888 new volunteers registering, including 101 people with a dementia diagnosis – bringing the total number of Join Dementia Volunteers up to 41,869
- NHS Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire CCG remain as the CCG with the most people with dementia registered on JDR (124 volunteers), closely followed by NHS Hartlepool and Stockton-on-Tees CCG (102 volunteers)
- NHS Fylde and Wyre CCG also remain as the top CCG for % population with dementia registered on dementia, with 4.13% of its population with dementia registered on JDR
- NHS Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire CCG also were the top CCG for total volunteers registered in May – 39 volunteers.
- NHS East Riding of Yorkshire CCG region attracted the most people with dementia in May – 7 volunteers, followed by NHS Fylde & Wyre CCG region with 4, and NHS West Kent CCG region, also with 4.
- West of England is the top NIHR region by % with 1.23% of its population with dementia being registered, and East Midlands NIHR Region registered the most volunteers in May with 107.
- Total number of volunteers to the end of May is 41,869 (5,245 with a dementia diagnosis, which is 1.1% of total number of people with a diagnosis – objective is 25% by December 2020)
You can access the complete dataset using the following link: http://nhs.joindementiaresearch.nihr.ac.uk/data-and-statistics/