April Volunteer Statistics Published
The latest Join Dementia Research volunteer registration data are now available.
April 2019 highlights:
- April continued the spike seen last month with 713 new volunteers registering, including 55 people with a dementia diagnosis – bringing the total number of Join Dementia Volunteers up to 40,979
- NHS Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire CCG remain as the CCG with the most people with dementia registered on JDR (121 volunteers), closely followed by NHS Hartlepool and Stockton-on-Tees CCG (99 volunteers – this region also registered the most people with dementia in April with 5)
- NHS Fylde and Wyre CCG also remain as the top CCG for % population with dementia registered on dementia, with 3.99% of its population with dementia registered on JDR.
- For the second month running the NHS Coastal West Sussex CCG region registered the most volunteer (23 in April)
- West of England is the top NIHR region by % with 1.21% of its population with dementia being registered.
- Total number of volunteers to the end of February is 40,979 (5,193 with a dementia diagnosis, which is 1.1% of total number of people with a diagnosis – objective is 25% by December 2020)
You can access the complete dataset using the following link: http://nhs.joindementiaresearch.nihr.ac.uk/data-and-statistics/