October Volunteer Statistics Published
The latest Join Dementia Research volunteer registration data has been published today.
October 2018 highlights:
- 438 (-2 on September 2018) new volunteers registered, including 70 (was 83 in September) people with a dementia diagnosis
- NHS Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire CCG has the most JDR volunteers with 1918 (significantly higher than the nearest with NHS Northern, Eastern and Western Devon CGG next at 941 – which is the neighbouring region). Much of this is driven by registrations generated from GPs promoting the service and writing to patients.
- NHS Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire CCG also has the most people with dementia registered on JDR with 98, closely followed by NHS Leeds CCG and NHS Vale of York CCG with 89.
- NHS Camden CCG remains has the hightest & of its population with dementia registered on JDR with 3.19%, closely followed by NHS York CCG with 3.17%.
- NIHR Yorkshire is the top NIHR region by % with 1.11% of its people with dementia being registered (note that many of these originate from referrals made via services at Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust).
- Total number of volunteers to the end of September is 38,012 (4912 with a dementia diagnosis, which is 1% of total number of people with a diagnosis – objective is 25% by December 2020)