September Volunteer Statistics Published
The latest Join Dementia Research volunteer registration data has been published today.
September 2018 highlights:
- 440 (+80 on August 2018) new volunteers registered, including 83 (was 51 in August) people with a dementia diagnosis
- Referrals from charity partners significantly contributed to this months volunteers, and increased traffic from internet searches. However for people with dementia, Memory Clinics were the main source.
- NHS Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire CCG has the most JDR volunteers with 1913 (significantly higher than the nearest with NHS Northern, Eastern and Western Devon CGG next at 934 – which is the neighbouring region).
- NHS Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire CCG also has the most people with dementia registered on JDR with 99, closely followed by NHS Cambridgeshire & Peterborough CCG at 90.
- NHS Camden CCG remains on top overall with 3.26% of its population with dementia being registered. However, NIHR Yorkshire is the top NIHR region by % with 1.09% of its people with dementia being registered.
- NHS Fylde & Wyre CCG has continued to move up the tables and has now moved up to 7th place (from 90th in April 2018) with 2.33% of dementia population on JDR.
- Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust provides services across the North East and Yorkshire. The 10 memory clinics provided by this trust have enabled, 6 CCGs to place in the top 20 (with support of other local activities).
- Total number of volunteers to the end of September is 37,628 (4864 with a dementia diagnosis, which is 1.1% of total number of people with a diagnosis – objective is 25% by December 2020)