August Volunteer Statistics Published
The latest Join Dementia Research volunteer registration data has been published today.
August 2018 highlights:
- 360 (-192 on July 2018) new volunteers registered, including 51 (was 97 in July) people with a dementia diagnosis
- No single source of referral stands out amongst people without dementia, however for people with dementia, Memory Clinics and GP Surgeries continue to be the main source.
- NHS Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire CCG has the most JDR volunteers with 1897 (significantly higher than the nearest with NHS Northern, Eastern and Western Devon CGG next at 930 – which is the neighbouring region).
- NHS Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire CCG also has the most people with dementia registered on JDR with 98, closley followed by NHS Cambridgeshire & Peterborough CCG at 90.
- NHS Camden CCG remains on top overall with 3.28% of its population with dementia being registered. However, NIHR West of England is the top NIHR region by % with 1.08% of its people with dementia being registered.
- NHS Fylde & Wyre CCG went from being in 90th place to 9th place for % of dementia population on JDR – 2.06%.
- Total number of volunteers to the end of August is 37,216 (4783 with a dementia diagnosis, which is 1% of total number of people with a diagnosis – objective is 25% by December 2020)