June Volunteer Statistics Published
The latest Join Dementia Research volunteer registration data has been published today.
June 2018 highlights:
- 592 (-360 on May 2018) new volunteers registered, including 83 people with a dementia diagnosis
- No single source of referral stands out this month, however sign-ups from the Alzheimer’s Show and referral from GP surgery / memory clinic mailings rate highest.
- NHS Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire CCG has the most JDR volunteers with 1846 (significantly higher than the nearest with NHS Northern, Eastern and Western Devon CGG next at 915).
- NHS Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire CCG also has the most people with dementia registered on JDR with 97, closley followed by NHS Cambridgeshire & Peterborough CCG at 92.
- NHS Camden CCG remains on top overall with 3.33% of its population with dementia being registered. However, NIHR West of England has the highest region % with 1.11% of its people with dementia being registered.
- Total number of volunteers to the end of May is 36,445 (4753 with a dementia diagnosis, which is 1% of total number of people with a diagnosis – objective is 25% by December 2020)
Note the report was updated on the 6th July to include the following new CCG regions, and this has changed some of the data:
|NHS BUCKINGHAMSHIRE CCG|
|NHS BERKSHIRE WEST CCG|
|NHS BRISTOL, NORTH SOMERSET AND SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE CCG|
|NHS EAST BERKSHIRE CCG|
|NHS BIRMINGHAM AND SOLIHULL CCG|
|NHS LEEDS CCG|