July Volunteer Statistics Published
The latest Join Dementia Research volunteer registration data has been published today.
July 2018 highlights:
- 552 (-40 on June 2018) new volunteers registered, including 97 (was 83 in June) people with a dementia diagnosis
- Over 50% of people with dementia registering this month, list GP / Memory Clinic as their source, however ‘other’ stands out as the largest referral source for people without a diagnosis.
- NHS Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire CCG has the most JDR volunteers with 1877 (significantly higher than the nearest with NHS Northern, Eastern and Western Devon CGG next at 926 – which is the neighbouring region).
- NHS Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire CCG also has the most people with dementia registered on JDR with 97, closley followed by NHS Cambridgeshire & Peterborough CCG at 91.
- NHS Camden CCG remains on top overall with 3.31% of its population with dementia being registered. However, NIHR Yorkshire and Manchester and West of England are joint top as the highest region % with 1.07% of its people with dementia being registered.
- 5 of the Top 12 CCGs according to % of dementia population on JDR are serviced by Tees, Esk and Wear Valley NHS Foundation Trust.
- NHS Fylde & Wyre CCG went from being in 90th place to 9th place for % of dementia population on JDR – with 1.1% since April 2018.
- Total number of volunteers to the end of May is 36,882 (4756 with a dementia diagnosis, which is 1% of total number of people with a diagnosis – objective is 25% by December 2020)
Please note a list cleaning exercise was undertaken in early July 2018, and over 100 deceased people were removed from JDR, this will have an overall affect on the reported numbers of people with and without dementia being registered