Simplifying Engagement in Dementia Research in Mental Health Trusts and Community Settings
- Trying to create a research culture is an ongoing and lengthy process but it is important to be persistent.
- Develop a personal approach to research engagement and have an individualised approach for different staff groups i.e. memory nurses vs consultants.
- Find the right meetings to attend to communicate your message.
Bringing a County Together to Champion Join Dementia Research
- Ensure you have a strong team leading the initiative
- Look to engage NHS Trusts and the County Council in the region – drawing on Dementia Strategies
- Make sure organisations are aware of the Government’s Dementia 2020 Challenge policy
- Look to keep all organisations engaged by having regular meetings and review progress
- Invite third sector organisations such as the local Alzheimer’s Society and other charities to be involved in collaborations to champion Join Dementia Research
- Join Dementia Research can be integrated into existing care pathways, and training and induction programs